July 9, 2011

Dinner out and my lil’ chunker!

My BIL and sister, Jody and Jodi (yes, they have the same name), treated Jan’s parents and us to a nice dinner out this past Wednesday at Carrabba’s. Since Abigail was over 2 weeks old, I decided it was okay to take her with as long as she didn’t come out of her carrier and the carrier cover was in place the entire time. The dinner was very nice and I know everyone had a wonderful time. Our waitress was kind enough to photograph Abigail’s first dinner out (and I even raised the carrier cover for a few seconds).


Speaking of the carrier cover (the pink paisley blanket attached to her carrier), my Aunt Sue sent it to us as a gift and I absolutely LOVE it. I feel as though it provides an extra layer of protection for Abigail in regards to germs, UV rays, etc (even if it doesn’t). It was one of those gifts that I never even considered needing until I received it, and now won’t go anywhere without it. So thanks, Aunt Sue, for the very thoughtful gift!

Abigail’s 2-week wellness appointment was yesterday, July 8th. At 17 days old, she weighed 9 lbs 7 ounces and was 21.75 inches long. (At her 3-day wellness appointment on June 24th, she was 7 lbs 15 ounces.) Since birth she has gained 1 lb 1 ounce and grown ¾ of an inch. She is above the 95% percentile in both her length and weight. Needless to say, she is progressing fabulously and the Dr was very pleased. I have a feeling that she may take after me; I weighed in at 30 lbs on my 1st birthday! According to my Mother, I wasn’t obese just REALLY healthy! Of course, as soon as I started crawling/walking/running, I slimmed down and haven’t been overweight since. The other day our friend Caroline said, “I love a lil’ chunker,” and I couldn’t agree with her more!

And finally, below are some recent daily pictures of the lil' chunker.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment