May 3, 2011

Wedding Showers Bring May Flowers

I think I’ve mentioned before that our friends Toby and Eva are getting married on June 3, 2011, in Germany, so this past weekend, Jan and I, along with two other couples, Roxi and Oliver, and Ashley and Razvan, threw them a couples wedding shower. Wedding showers are an American tradition, so Toby had never even heard of such an event and Eva had only been to one. After explaining to Toby that it isn’t really a “shower” in the technical sense but a time to “shower” the couple with gifts, they happily agreed to let us host a shower in their honor.

Ashley, Roxi and I spent a few weeks planning the event and I am happy to report it was a huge success. Ashley is an event coordinator by trade, so she did a wonderful job securing tables, linens, chairs, etc. She also put together a few beautiful center pieces. Roxi is the baker of the group and made several delicious desserts including a fruit arrangement on skewers, cake balls, mini pineapple upside down cakes and heart-shaped red velvet cake cookies (my favorite!). I prepared the hors d’oeuvres and entrees. As usual, Jan was a huge help. He went shopping with Ashley on Saturday morning and operated the grill Saturday night. He’s just wonderful!!

Anyway, I will let the pictures below tell the rest of the story. It was a wonderful evening and we wish Toby and Eva all the happiness in the world!


Guests of honor, Toby and Eva


Delicious food and desserts



Beautiful center pieces and setting



My hubby at the grill...he's a true South African!




Hostesses: Roxi, me and Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment