September 26, 2011

Sunday Funday

We had a great weekend that ended with a family-filled Sunday Funday! Friday night my parents offered to keep Abigail for a few more minutes, so Jan and I went to eat at this great little Mexican joint in Pine Mountain! Saturday morning we ran several errands and managed to find some new jeans and shorts for Jan (someone besides me gained weight during the pregnancy!). We watched most of the GA game that afternoon and then Abigail and I headed to the tennis courts to cheer on my team. I didn't play this week but as team captain I still needed to be there. Abigail LOVES being outside, so we had a great time!


Saturday was National Braai Day in South Africa, so after the tennis matches, we enjoyed a nice evening and braai.

 Daddy and his lil' helper cooking the boerewors and braai-broodjies

Yesterday we had Abigail's 3-month photo shoot. Our photographers are also our friends, so they came over bright and early to catch Abigail's morning smiles! Jan and I had prepared breakfast, so we all enjoyed coffee, rooibos tea, hashbrown casserole, bacon and fruit! We can't wait to see the magic Wesley and Neely captured! 


After the shoot, we went to visit my Grandmother and Abigail's Great-Grandmother. I think Grandma Ruby is 84 and her mind is still really sharp! 

Since we were out and about visiting family, we also stopped by to meet Miss Mattie Hughes, a new cousin born on Labor Day. She is tiny compared to Abigail!! Lucky for us, several other cousins were there, so we had a really fun visit. Check out all the pretty babies!


We ended our weekend with Jan washing the cars and playing with Daisy, who LOVES to jump for the water hose and puts on quite an acrobatic show!  


I hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend! It's hard to believe September is already gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment