August 13, 2011

MYOPN - Make your own pizza night!

Last night was MYOPN in the Greeff house! A few weeks ago Jan and I were at dinner with friends and they mentioned that they make their own pizzas all the time. After discussing the process, we were inspired to try it ourselves, so while making the monthly meal menu, I marked Friday, August 12th as MYOPN.


The adventure was a success and we will definitely be doing it again! Last night we played it safe with bacon, cheese, pepperoni, avocado and spices. I will be doing lots of research in the coming weeks regarding tops, etc and hope to make a more 'adult' pizza next time. I'm already dreaming of feta, olives and peppers!

Before

Note: Pizza making is messy! I strongly recommend have MYOPN the day before you clean/mop the kitchen or the day before the maid comes, ha! I think this is going to be a GREAT family activity in the future. I mean, what kid doesn't like throwing around flour and eating pizza?

After

Do you have any pizza making suggestions? Interesting topping combinations?

1 comment:

  1. Yum - those look delicious! The closest I get to homemade pizza is Digiorno. You'll have to share your recipe/tips!

    ReplyDelete