March 10, 2011

A good friend is cheaper than therapy. ~Author Unknown

This past weekend I was lucky enough to spend time with five amazing friends. 

Friday night I met Ashley and Roxi at the bridal shop to watch Eva try on wedding dresses. Eva was a college tennis player, so she is tall and lean and EVERY wedding dress looked great on her. She did manage to find “THE” dress, and I know she will be absolutely stunning on her wedding day. We followed the dress shopping with dinner at Fuji where I enjoyed chicken teriyaki and jealously watched my friends eat sashimi and sushi. :(  At times like these, I remind myself that I am "baking" something way more important than raw fish and I know Abigail will be well worth all the sacrifices!

Saturday morning Jan and I ventured to Atlanta where I met my two wonderful friends, Brittany and Jennie, for lunch. We had a great lunch at JCT Kitchen, a place I had been eying for a while, and then participated in a little retail therapy. I have been friends with Brittany and Jennie for several years (maybe 8?) and it has been fun watching us transition into different life stages. Since we’ve know each other, all three of us have gotten engaged and married, Brittany has been blessed with two darling little girls, Jennie has the cutest little boy and a new baby girl and I am pregnant with my first. The three of us have gone from shopping at Louis Vuitton and Burberry to buying kid clothing at H&M!  

Brittany, Me and Jennie in the Spring of 2006 at Jennie’s wedding shower.


Jennie, Me and Brittany last year at my wedding.


Both ladies are beautiful and amazing, and I’m lucky to have them as friends!

1 comment: