June 1, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

Jan and I enjoyed a long, nice and relaxing Memorial Day weekend. It is always a pleasure to have one additional day off from work. I wish every work week was only 4 days and would happily work 4, 10 hours days if I could!! After the baby shower at Jan’s work on Friday, we did a little shopping and then went to eat at my favorite Chinese place in town. I’ve been craving Chinese for a while, so it hit the spot and was yummy! Saturday, Jan went to play golf and Ashley and I went to check out a new antique/thrift/flea market store that just opened in town. It was pretty neat. As I was browsing the booths, I spotted the plaque below and just had to snap a photo. Considering half of our family is from (South) Africa, I found it quite humorous.


After our shopping adventure and a nice lunch, I went to my brother’s house for a little pool + grill + sun time. Jan joined us after golf and we enjoyed an afternoon of swimming, sunning and ladder golf. Daisy loves the water and had a great time too! That evening my brothers and their ladies, Allison and Jennifer, cooked dinner for everyone and it was super nice not to have to do anything…and the dinner was fantastic!

 Our family of 3 (soon to be 4)!

And they say bulldogs can't swim...Daisy is a champ!

Tyler and Jan playing ladder golf.

We went to visit my parents on Sunday and then enjoyed a quite day at home on Monday. Jan did yard work and I did house work, but we ended the weekend by relaxing in our pool and grilling out hamburgers Monday evening. All in all, it was a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment