June 17, 2011

This isn't just any Friday...and other randoms

Today is my first official day on maternity leave...woo hoo! Of course, for it to really be a maternity leave, I need a baby, so today will be spent coaxing Abigail along and letting her know that it is finally time to meet us!

Jan and I came home to a surprise last night. Aren't these flowers beautiful?



My Mother came by our house yesterday and planted these amazing flowers for us. She has several huge, beautiful planters at her house that I covet and she was so thoughtful to buy AND plant these for us. I told Jan that she must really like him since she got her hands dirty...haha!! Btw, earlier this spring, we planted a few flowers in these urns, but they never really took off (I think we bought the wrong type for what I wanted). Thanks, Mom, for this nice addition to our front door!!

Our maternity print for the nursery arrived! We are very happy with it and glad to finally have the wall void filled.


We also moved the lamp off the dresser to the new...lamp table!!


Believe it or not, my amazing husband went shopping (by himself) on Wednesday and found this perfect little table for the nursery!! We have looked (and looked and looked) for something just like this for almost 9 months. I was very shocked he bought it without me (we consult on everything) but was very glad he did. Score one for Jan!!!

And speaking of maternity pictures, below is the link to our photographers website/blog:
http://kerfox.com/blog/2011/06/columbus-ga-maternity-photographers-ker-fox-photography-jan-lori-abigail/

We are very happy with the pictures (and photographer) and can't wait for the Ker-Fox's to capture Abigail's newborn photos.

Last week, my collegues at work hosted a baby shower for Miss Abigail. My department is very small but everyone is super nice and thoughtful. Unfortunately, I didn't grab my camera to document the event but the food was fantastic and we received a very nice gift, a Pack n' Play.


Jan and I were thrilled to receive the Pack n' Play and Jan put it together immediately. It is residing in our living room right now...just waiting for the little one!

In case you were wondering, I have been using my new sewing/embroidery machine. Below are a few burp cloths that I've made for Abigail. I just love plain cloth diapers that are 'jazzed' up with a little ribbon. I still need to master the monogramming part of the machine, and plan to jazz up a few more as soon as possible.


I also made Abigail a little tutu. I can't wait for her to wear it and foresee making many more of these in the future.


I used white tulle because that is the only color they had at the dollar store and this was a trial run...I didn't want to waste a lot of money in case it was a failure! But I think pink, yellow and purple tulle will be really cute.

Jan and I barely slept last night due to all the excitement. We pick up his parents and brother in a few short hours! Now I'm off to walk, bounce, eat spicy food, etc. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment