December 7, 2011

Lately

Holy blog neglect...life has been crazy lately! The holidays only add more chaos to an already full schedule. We've been busy with holiday parties, shopping and decorating. I honestly think I have felt more stress and pressure the past two weeks than ever before. There is just not enough time to get everything done! I keep hoping that little elves will come to cut my hair, paint my toenails, do the laundry and finish my shopping while I sleep, ha!

We did manage to get a tree...and FINALLY decorated it! Abigail is really intrigued. She likes the bright lights and fun ornaments. I told Jan that this may be the last year we can decorate the entire tree - I imagine only the top half will be feasible next year with little exploring hands around.


We quickly switched from Thanksgiving clothes to Christmas outfits. I am so thankful that my Mother is able to pick up cute things all the time otherwise my child would wear the same thing over and over simply because I never have any time to shop (which is why I wear the same things over and over, haha).
























We went to my sister, Brooke's, art show this past weekend. She has been an Art major at CSU and is graduating next week. Brooke's project was a series of photos taken and edited on her iPhone. Congrats, Snocky!


Abigail enjoyed some time with her Honey, who was in town for the art show, and cousin Sydney too. Of course, by the end of the night she was extremely tired and ready for bed, hence the tired, crying face (and it was only 7:00 pm).



Enjoying this princess is always at the top of my to-do list and maybe why other things (ie my haircut) never get accomplished. Balancing life (professional, wife, mother, friend, etc) is definitely a challenge...especially when you're type A and OCD!



 I hope everyone else is surviving the holidays! Our BIG trip is looming over me but we are getting very excited. I cannot wait to RELAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment